UX Researcher, Blink
February 2018 - Present
Utilize a mixture of research methodologies with the goal of delivering excellent work to our clients.
Design and create both quantitative and qualitative research studies including, but not limited to, the development of screeners, session guides, and reports.
Moderate and capture data and observations pertaining to research questions during in-lab, remote-participant, and in-field research sessions.
Uncover insightful and impactful findings and recommendations based on observations, data, and feedback.
Present informed, engaging, and clear research findings and recommendations.
Prepare video clips and other artifacts in support of research deliverables to the client.
Monitor, moderate, and organize research data from diary studies, surveys, and unmoderated usability tests.
Facilitate conversations with clients and appropriately adapt the project around key issues, study themes, specific data points, suggested changes, etc.
Seek collaboration and input from other researchers regarding methods, tools, and approaches.
Founded the Blink Bike Club, as a part of Bike to Work Month, and actively seek to promote the benefits of bicycling.
Technologist & Research Assistant, Blink
August 2013 - February 2018
• Assisted research and design studies as a research assistant by building large-scale physical prototypes, writing screeners and sessions guides, accompanying researchers in the field to capture video, photos, measurements, and notes, moderating usability sessions, and creating video highlight clips in support of final deliverables.
• Owned and maintained scheduling and technology needs for seven usability labs and one focus group suite.
• Equipped researchers with appropriate field-testing kits and provided support for remote projects.
• Managed and maintained content and accounts on our client project portal, feedbackpanel.com.
• Enthusiastically supported staff with all technology needs at three locations.
• Created and managed training documentation for company intranet and provided one-on-one and small-group technology training.
• Helped launch the Blink Net Promoter program with the goal to measure, track, and ultimately improve client experience and client loyalty.
CLUBHOUSE ASSOCIATE, Rapha
October 2017 - November 2018
• Delivered the legendary Rapha experience by engaging, developing, and maintaining relationships with all Clubhouse visitors. Created a friendly and welcoming environment and inspired more people to ride their bike.
• Uncovered customers’ needs and presented appropriate solutions by providing expert Rapha product knowledge.
• Supported the Clubhouse team and worked together to create an inspiring, positive, and fun working environment.
Information Technology Coordinator, Design Resources inc.
March 2013 - August 2013
• Efficiently managed all technology requests through utilization of a helpdesk system.
• Created and managed content including training materials, announcements, and events for company intranet.
• Provided one-on-one and small-group technology training.
Communications & Connections Coordinator, Jacob’s Well Church
August 2007 - March 2013
• Created and utilized web and social media tools to keep the community informed and connected.
• Responsible for all web content and assisted with the redesign and development of a new website.
• Designed various communication tools including brochures, posters, photos, and videos.
• Responsible for the design, organization, and implementation of community education and fellowship courses.
Sales & Training Associate, Apple Retail Store
April 2011 - March 2013
• Equipped customers with the right product or solution to enrich their Apple experience, led one-on-one training sessions and facilitated small-group workshops. Provided excellent customer service through technical support appointments and worked with the larger team to help the store run smoothly and efficiently.
Internship, KC Currents, KCUR (NPR)
October 2009 - May 2010
• Assisted with the day-to-day operations, generated and researched story ideas, wrote and produced stories, edited interviews, wrote scripts, produced billboards and promos, attended editorial meetings, gathered tape and photographs in the field, and designed slide shows and extra information for the web.
September 2015 - present
• Annually count bicyclists and pedestrians at specific locations, which provides data to help more accurately estimate infrastructure demand, measure the benefits of investments, and design future projects to make Seattle more ‘bikeable.’
Web Admin, Girls Can Do
July 2014 - December 2017
• Provided Google Apps and technology support.
University of Washington — User-Centered Design Certificate, 2018
Washington State University — Bachelor of Social Sciences with emphasis in Business, Communications, and Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, 2017
Kansas State University — Marketing and Architecture 2001-2005
• Customer service • Project management • Creative problem solving • Highly organized • Positive and enthusiastic work ethic • User-centered Design phases research, ideation, prototyping, and usability testing • Extensive technology expertise including web and social media communications, audio engineering, photography, Apple OS & iOS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.