UX Researcher, Blink UX
February 2018 - Present
Provide research support for our UX project teams.
Moderate lab or remote research sessions.
Take notes to capture data and observations regarding research during lab research sessions.
Occasionally travel to support field projects; support includes:
data collection or client tech set-up at user locations in field
scheduling and travel logistics assistance
organizing field research materials such as consent/NDA forms and data collection forms
Prepare video clips for research deliverables to client.
Create research documentation including but not limited to screeners, session guides, and reports.
Facilitate conversations with the clients around key issues, study themes, specific data points, suggested changes, etc.
Monitor, moderate, and organize research data from diary studies, surveys, and unmoderated usability tests.
Technologist & Research Assistant, Blink UX
August 2013 - February 2018
• Assisted research and design studies as a research assistant by building large-scale physical prototypes, writing screeners and sessions guides, accompanying researchers in the field to capture video, photos, measurements, and notes, moderating usability sessions, and creating video highlight clips in support of final deliverables.
• Owned and maintained scheduling and technology needs for seven usability labs and one focus group suite.
• Equipped researchers with appropriate field-testing kits and provided supports for remote projects.
• Managed and maintained content and accounts on our client project portal, feedbackpanel.com.
• Enthusiastically supported staff with all technology needs at three locations.
• Created and managed training documentation for company intranet and provided one-on-one and small-group technology training.
• Helped launch the Blink Net Promoter program with the goal to measure, track, and ultimately improve client experience and client loyalty.
• Founded the Blink Bike Club, as a part of Bike to Work Month, to promote the benefits of bicycling.
CLUBHOUSE ASSOCIATE, Rapha
October 2017 - Present
• Deliver the legendary Rapha experience by engaging, developing, and maintaining relationships with all Clubhouse visitors. Create a friendly and welcoming environment, where the sport and culture of road cycling can flourish.
• Uncover customer’s needs and present appropriate solutions by providing expert Rapha product knowledge.
• Be a Rapha Ambassador and bring to life Rapha’s core values: Passion, Determination, Creativity & Communication.
• Support team and work together to create an inspiring and positive working environment.
Information Technology Coordinator, Design Resources inc.
March 2013 - August 2013
• Efficiently managed all technology requests through utilization of a helpdesk system.
• Created and managed content including training materials, announcements, and events for company intranet.
• Provided one-on-one and small-group technology training.
Communications & Connections Coordinator, Jacob’s Well Church
August 2007 - March 2013
• Created and utilized web and social media tools to keep the community informed and connected.
• Responsible for all web content and assisted with the redesign and development of a new website.
• Designed various communication tools including brochures, posters, photos, and videos.
• Responsible for the design, organization, and implementation of community education and fellowship courses.
Sales & Training Associate, Apple Retail Store
April 2011 - March 2013
• Equipped customers with the right product or solution to enrich their Apple experience, led one-on-one training sessions and facilitated small-group workshops. Provided excellent customer service through technical support appointments and worked with the larger team to help the store run smoothly and efficiently.
Internship, KC Currents, KCUR (NPR)
October 2009 - May 2010
• Assisted with the day-to-day operations, generated and researched story ideas, wrote and produced stories, edited interviews, wrote scripts, produced billboards and promos, attended editorial meetings, gathered tape and photographs in the field, and designed slide shows and extra information for the web.
September 2015 - present
• Annually count bicyclists and pedestrians at specific locations, which provides data to help more accurately estimate infrastructure demand, measure the benefits of investments, and design future projects to make Seattle more ‘bikeable.’
Web Admin, Girls Can Do
July 2014 - December 2017
• Provide Google Apps and technology support.
University of Washington — User-Centered Design Certificate, 2018
Washington State University — Bachelor of Social Sciences with emphasis in Business, Communications, and Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, 2017
Kansas State University — Marketing and Architecture 2001-2005
• Customer service • Project management • Creative problem solving • Highly organized • Positive and enthusiastic work ethic • User-centered Design phases research, ideation, prototyping, and usability testing • Extensive technology expertise including web and social media communications, audio engineering, photography, Apple OS & iOS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.